GET SH*T DONE WITH YOUR CAREER.
Help! You're feeling stuck in your current job and there’s a nagging voice in your head that says you should have been promoted by now. Or maybe you need a new job. You've started to think about job searching but you feel overwhelmed every time you get home from work. It's hard to find the time or the energy to move forward with your career.
Although you're successfully "adulting" - you’ve watched some of your friends from college on Facebook killn’ it in their careers and traveling the world with their unlimited PTO and high salaries. At this point, you’d rather take a staycation to find a better job than travel.
You want to make sure you don’t spend the best years of your adult life under fluorescent office lights doing work that feels meaningless.
The problem is, there are internal and external forces that can help you or hold you back:
- Equal pay and the assurance that you're getting paid what your worth
- Lack of positive feedback and recognition for your work and successes
- A clear path to move into a higher-level position
- A voice in decision-making and leadership
- Mentorship and guidance from people in your industry
- Racism and xenophobia
- Discrimination based on sexual orientation.
- More cis women, non-binary, and trans people in leadership roles
- An environment free of sexual harassment
- Confidence that you can have a family and still progress in your career
- A belief in yourself that you are skilled and talented in your career
- A stronger voice to speak up and advocate for yourself more often
- Feeling like you're in charge of your own destiny
- Clarity and direction on what you want to do with your life
- The ability to take action and stop procrastinating
- Training and education in skills that you need for a better job
- A feeling of fogginess and lack of motivation
- More risk taking and action - less fear and hesitation
- Habits of creating goals for yourself and getting things done
- Fear of failure and (strangely enough) fear of success
- A feeling of not being good enough
SO HOW DO YOU OVERCOME THESE OBSTACLES AND FIND HAPPINESS AND SUCCESS?
Have you heard the saying, "When women support each other, incredible things happen?" Well the world is changing people - the future is fluid - so it's time to start connecting and supporting each other.
The best way to advance in your career is to start forming connections with people who can support you in goals and overcome the internal and external obstacles. Networking, is often seen as a bad word but at "Work It" events you're connecting with people in a fun and supportive environment in order to make connections for the future of your career. The more you surround yourself with people that you enjoy hanging out with and who can help you with your career goals - the more you will be fulfilled in the day-to-day life of your job.
dON'T JUST SCHMOOZE AT CHEESY NETWORKING EVENTS - "WORK IT" WITH PEOPLE WHO YOU ACTUALLY LIKE.
I’m Mary and I’ve helped thousands of people find jobs in the creative industry at cool companies such as Wieden + Kennedy and Nike and futuristic innovation labs at Microsoft (Home of the Future) and Intel (wearables team). I’ve talked to 100s of hiring managers about what they’re looking for and who they want to interview. I know the insider secrets on what works and what doesn’t when you’re applying for these jobs. I believe that it is possible to have what you truly want in life - and believe that is is possible to transform negative situations into positive outcomes. I believe that everyone has the ability to build the foundation for a better life. Through in-depth conversations about your vision for the future, we can create a roadmap that will get you back on track toward a life with meaning and purpose.
AT "WORK IT" WORKSHOPS WE WILL:
- Create your "Career Story" and describe your vision of what you want for the future of your career.
- Describe what you're good at - your skills, talents, and strengths (without feeling like you're bragging).
- Learn to "sell yourself" to be the best person for a promotion or dream job.
- Find out your potential for greatness - the *future you* that you didn't even know could exist.
- Learn how to negotiate for a raise or promotion (and keep doing it.)
- Put your thing down, flip it and reverse it (Ti esrever dna ti pilf nwod gniht ym tup I)